Well I know valentines was over a week ago, but I wanted to share the story of this fun tradition!
As long as I have remembered my dad has been my Secret Valentine.
Every Valentines morning we would wake up to find in the main room of the house a row of balloons, all held down under a stuffed animal, box of chocolate and a very special valentines card. Not only did it look cute, taste good and provide hours of play, but my dad took that opportunity to tell each of us how much he loved us and the things he is proud of us for doing over the last year. I LOVE these letters!
I also remember a year or two when my dad would make a Late Late night, (or early morning) run to the local mini-mart for his Valentines surprises, we would hear his car get home, and the rustle of balloons, and know he was at it again! Sometimes it felt like Christmas and I could hardly wait to go and see the fun display and read my card while munching on some yummy treats!
When Jim and I were first married and both working. I happened to have valentines day off and while I was planning busy preparing dinner for our first valentines, I was secretly missing home and my dads little tradition.
But Never fear! The Fed-Ex truck is here! The driver handed me a box from my dad.
I was so excited i opened it up to find tucked inside a real helium balloon that floated to the ceiling! And a big bag of candies, a chocolate rose, two small teddy bears and two love letters. One to me, and one to my new husband. Needless to say the tears of joy were plentiful. :-)
And every-year since my dad continues his fun tradition even though we are far away the girls (and now linc) get their box of Tradition each valentines day!
AND just because it meant so much to me, I am also doing the same for my family, it is my turn to sneak around and place the balloons and treats just right and take that chance to tell each person how much I love them!
So once again, THANKS Dad! Your the best!
And Baby (Jim) Your the best too! (he himself has become a very talented love letter writer and I am blessed with his words of love and encouragement several times throughout the year.) I always tell him and mean it when I say it is the best gift he can give me!
Here are a few pics for you to enjoy!
Hope you all had an equally SWEET Valentines!
Dont forget to tell those you Love just that, and you dont have to wait till next Valentines either.
No comments:
Post a Comment