Welcome to Our New Family Blog!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tea for Three!

So, I have a Dad.
Most of us do.

But, I am pretty sure that my Dad is pretty darn special.

He has been a great example to me in my life and set the bar pretty high for Jim.

We were lucky enough to have my dad stop by for a few days on his way home from a business trip and we all made the most out of his stay!

The kids and I surprised him at the airport to pick him up. (he had rented a car)

The girls made a pretty poster for him and we got balloons and everything! I think we made several other grandpas smile that night too. ;-)

(but wouldn't you know my darn camera's batteries were dead.)

And even though he was My guest that weekend, I was the one that woke up to pancakes for breakfast which if you dont know, Jim does Not cook. period. so this was a MAJOR treat!

(and a Yummy one at that! Thanks Dad!)
But the pancakes were just the beginning for the girls.

"Pa" (as jayo calls him) got to experience the Joy of a Tea Party hosted by Miss Kayt and Jaylee!
Complete with hot cocoa, tuna on crackers and cheese, mini marshmallows, apple and carrot slices and a HUGE helping of Great Memories!

I Love my dad, and I am so grateful for him and all the great memories I have growing up and cannot wait to see all the memories he will get to make with my own kids!

~Cheers!~

**Oh, and I am adding a little "show" the girls put on for Pa while he was here. Hard to believe they have had no official training huh!?? **

1 comment:

  1. just wanted to clarity, that Jim is doing an Awesome job of living up to the high expectations set by my dad. Sorry I didn't mention that before. Love you babe!
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete